
And fishing we did. Well, Mommy, Daddy and Pop did most of the fishing, but Maxer and I rode the boat over to Sunday beach to play in the surf and look for sand dollars. It was super fun as usual.
It was a GREAT weekend to be in POC. It was Warrior's Weekend. That's where they bring wounded warriors from all over and thank them for their service and sacrifice by taking them fishing. It's a huge effort. Lots of people volunteer to take people out.
When the soldiers first arrive in POC, there's a looooong line of people cheering them on. We took the golf cart over and got in line to join the cheers. Mommy got teary eyed looking seeing all of the great soldiers.

Then after the buses off loaded the soldiers, we ran up to the pier to give them hand shakes and thank them for their service. That was really neat.

Look at all of these people! This is not even half of them.

I met a guy who was missing a leg. He told me he lost his leg in battle. I told him I thought soldiers were really cool.

It was a really great weekend.
~Miles
No comments:
Post a Comment