Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Word to The Word

Our night time routine around here is pretty fun. It goes something like this:

We start with bath time (look we had green water in honor of St. Patty's Day tomorrow)

Then, we catch the end of Diego and it's off to our rooms for story time, bed time prayers, Bible story, kisses, more kisses, and off to sleep. Maxer and I take turns picking out the bed time story and then Mommy picks out the Bible story. This is the Bible we read:



We've probably read all of the stories a dozen times by now, and we certainly have our favorites (Noah was one of the first stories I remember Mommy reading to me. I think Noah's a cool guy). Mommy decided it would be fun, though, to just read the Bible from beginning to end. So...I'm going to give you some of my comments from Bible Story Time. :)

Presenting the First Issue of "Miles' Comments From Bedtime Bible Stories" (You get two for one today lucky readers!)

Noah: Did the Tiger Make it in?
Yesterday we read about Noah and the Ark. As I said, this is one of my favorites. When Mommy read it last night, I told her "you know which animal I am in the boat Mommy? the TIGER!!!" but then I looked on the picture and there was no tiger in the boat. See!

I was sure I saw one. I would not let Mommy finish the story until I located "Miles the Tiger" and made sure he made it into the Ark! Mommy pointed to the lion in a picture on the next page to try to appease me, but I let her know that was NOT a tiger, it was a lion. Finally, I remembered where I had seen that Ark and tiger before: on the cover. Phew! The tiger made it on board afterall.


Abraham: Was the Promised Land REALLY All That Great?

Tonight we read about Abraham and his journey to the promised land.



Mommy was reading about how the promised land had green valleys and flowing rivers and how nice it was. I asked the question I'm sure all of my loyal blog fans want to know: "Mommy, did the promised land have toys?" I mean, how great could it really be if there weren't any toys right? Mommy assured me there were toys in the promised land so now I think it's a pretty cool place too!

The Bible- good stuff!

~Miles

No comments: