Sunday, April 10, 2011

God Loves A Cheerful Giver

We have been talking a lot about giving this week. I like to give. And now I have something to help me with my giving (more about that in a minute).


Miles' Bedtime Bible Commentary: My Two Cents


Tonight's Bible story was about giving. It was the story of the poor woman who gave in the temple. The rich people dropped lots of coins in the tray so that everyone would hear how much they gave. But the poor woman gave only two tiny coins. Jesus said that he was pleased with the poor woman and that she gave the most of all. Mommy asked me why I thought Jesus was so pleased with the poor lady. I told her (without prompting) that the poor woman gave all she could, and Jesus liked that. Mommy said "exactly."


After the story, we had a SURPRISE! Mommy got us a new bank called The Giving Bank.


This bank is really three banks: (1) one called "bank" to save your money; (2) one called "store" for your spending money; and (3) one called "church" for the money you give. We talked about the importance of spending, saving and giving. Then we put some of our coins in each bank. We kept wanting to put more money in, but Mommy said we would move more (from our piggy bank) to the new bank tomorrow. I am excited to fill up the church bank and give our money to God. Max is excited to fill up the store bank and get a new toy. :)


~Miles

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Love this!! I am going to get one tomorrow! What a great idea! I also loved what you shared today about the family and praying for one...I am going to start praying now...what a precious thing!! So thankful for you!:)

Miles said...

I thought it was such a great idea! I'll pray for a family for you too! I'll share the full story at our next lunch. It was an amazing experience (it always is, but I needed it--more than the family I think--this year). ;)

Bethany said...

I am so proud of you Nicole, for raising y'all's children up in the Lord!! Very neat idea-I've never seen those banks before. We used Pringle cans with our kids. Ha-ha! ;)