Sunday, December 18, 2011

Advent Devotional Day 18

Word to the Word. Today's devotional was about some of the names Jesus was called. One was "the Word." We talked about how the Bible says that in the beginning, the Word was with God. We also talked about how the Bible is called "The Word."


The Bible was the inspiration for tonight's ornament.


Which Max happily hung.


We talked tonight about how important words are. About how unkind words can really hurt people. And about how kind words can really lift up people. The boys practiced using kind words by telling each other three things they liked about the other person. Here's the recap. Miles: "I like playing with Max, and when he lets me cut in line, and when he gives me hugs." Max: (with some prompting) "Miles is a good big brother, Miles shares his toys with me, I like to kiss Miles."


Our Advent tree update. Notice we are back to the front (see the Alpha and Omega first ornament?) I love how it is filling up with our nightly memories.


~Miles' Mommy

No comments: