Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Advent Devotional Day 20

Did I just write "Day 20?" I cannot believe how fast this time is flying by. I cannot believe we are five days away from Christmas! I am so thankful that we have had time daily to reflect on this Season.

In continuing with the theme of "names He has been called," tonight we talked about how Jesus is "the vine" and we are his branches. We were supposed to use a plant to illustrate this concept, but since I don't have much of a green thumb (my only interior plant is down to a nub), and it was too cold tonight to go out and talk by the shrubs, I did the best I could and used the Advent tree. The vine (or trunk) represents Jesus. It is the base from which the branches grow--and depend. Without the vine, the branches would have no food, no water, no nourishment, and they would die. We talked about how if a branch is cut from the vine, it will die at some point. We need to stay connected to Jesus for the same reasons. That nourishment is vital. I asked the boys how we could stay connected to Jesus. Max said "pray." Two points for Maxer.


This is our ornament. There is a tree with a vine and branches (much like the one I used tonight in fact).


Max happily hanging his ornament (he's always said when it's not his night). :)


Our sweet little tree.


~Miles' Mommy

No comments: