I cannot believe the last day of our Advent Devotional is here. It is Christmas Eve. This day is always a busy one for our little family. We typically do Christmas with Ted's family on the 23rd, then wake up early and make the 6 hour trek to South Texas to see my family for Christmas. We have a big Christmas celebration with my Mom's side of the family Christmas Eve Night, so Santa comes to Granny and Pop's each year on Christmas morning. But it was important to me that we finish our Advent Devotional at our home. I wanted the boys to hang that last ornament on the tree so that we could reflect on all we had discussed and on the transformation of that little tree (and hopefully their hearts a little bit).
So EARLY this morning, we talked about how Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. In this lesson, I really felt like the message is sinking in for them. They are at least somewhat beginning to grasp God's true gift to them. That makes my heart happy. And though they cannot wait to see what Santa leaves for them Christmas morning, they will also tell you (usually loudly) that Christmas Day is Jesus' birthday. They are getting it.
So Maxer hung the final ornament. We looked at each ornament and had a brief recap of the lesson that went with it. I cannot wait until they can take turns teaching the lesson down the road because we have done this so many times. It won't be "who's turn is it to hang the ornament?" It will be "who wants to tell me what this ormanent means?" What a great way to ingrain these important things into their hearts.
I am so thankful for this tree. And for what it represents. I am thankful that 24 women joined together to give of their time and hearts to make this tree happen for our family. If any of you read this, THANK YOU. You have made a big impact on The Mitchell Men, and I am greatful.
Merry Chrismtas everyone. Happy Birthday Jesus! Oh Come Let Us Adore Him!
~Miles' Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment